You Need to Have Dinosaurs


It might be the little kid in me but it's seeming increasingly likely my next campaign is going to feature dinosaurs. The new game TimeWatch is in the running but so are a few others - I've been rereading Atomic Robo lately as well.

In the interests of obsessiveness, I got to thinking about some of the games and settings in which dinosaurs play a large part (or at least have the potential to). Off the top of my head I can think of the following, though I'm almost certainly missing some:

  • TimeWatch
  • Atomic Robo
  • Doctor Who
  • Dinosaurs...in Spaaace!
  • D&D - various lost world settings such as Isle of the Ape, Isle of Dread
  • Eberron
  • Dinosaur Planet: Broncosaurus Rex (I think it's time for Goodman Games to revisit this...)
  • GURPS has its fair share of dinosaur books and lost world settings
  • Rifts - Dinosaur Swamp
  • Torg - The Living Land
  • Hollow Earth Expedition
And two additional ones which were suggested to me after this post went up:
  • Primeval (sadly seems to no longer be available)
  • Transdimensional Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (another licensed game no longer available, but probably not too difficult to find in hardcopy...)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jules Verne Translations That Don't Stink

Stepping Away and a New Beginning

RPG Review: Fate Accelerated

Using the Force in D6 Star Wars

Developing Boston for 1920s Call of Cthulhu