Other Things Distracting Me, Late 2016 Edition in a Galaxy Far, Far, Away



I noticed I've been flipping through my Star Wars books over the past few days, both the old West End Games resources and the newer Fantasy Flight Games ones.

Must be a new Star Wars movie coming out.

It's been about a year since I played a Star Wars game so the stars could be right for that this winter. But it seems I really need to be independently wealthy to have time for lots of campaigns. I'm a bit jealous of those people who are able to participate in or, in some cases, even run, multiple campaigns.

I've written about the original D6 Star Wars system a number of times and had a chance to explore its predecessor, Ghostbusters, this summer. It's far from a perfect system but it has the virtue of being incredibly easy to play. Fantasy Flight Games' versions of Star Wars is a lot more crunchie than the D6 incarnation - in my experience prepping takes a bit longer, though it does make for some rather interesting characters.

Oddly, while I played the numerous Wizards of the Coast versions of Star Wars, those aren't any consideration in my mind for a game. Not that I dislike them - I had a lot of fun with them, but I find these other two versions fit my gaming style nowadays better.

What sort of game? Well with Rogue One coming out and it being years since I did a "traditional" Star Wars game, fighting against the Evil Galactic Empire seems a neat thing to do...

Popular posts from this blog

Jules Verne Translations That Don't Stink

Go Support Golden Age Champions

Fate Accelerated Star Wars Character Stats

Fake News of the Future