#RPGaDay2015 Day 1 - Forthcoming game you're most looking forward to


I've been on a bit of an unintended hiatus - nothing traumatic or massive going on but just busy. I felt perhaps participating in the #RPGaDay2015 might be a good way to get a bit of a flow going. I imagine some of my postings will be brief and I'll be posting a few topics that vary from the above when one is not appropriate or interesting for me

So for Day 1, the forthcoming game I'm most looking forward to. There's quite a few I'm really looking forward to. Coming to mind quickly is the new Delta Green game that will be kickstarting in September, but with it being a largely unknown quantity, that earness is largely based on my love of Call of Cthulhu and the fact that it is being developed by a number of my favorite RPG developers. Though not a game, I'm also looking forward Cubicle 7's World War Cthulhu Cold War. Born in the early 70s I'm probably among the last group of people to really remember the Cold War being a thing and I love the fiction of John le Carré. I've been eager to run a game set in the 70s or 80s, with a world I actually remember but with the instantaneous communication of the modern world dialed back.

That said, I'd have to say I'm most looking forward to Evil Hat's Dresden Files Accelerated. I didn't make it into the initial playtest and with the beta rules playtest due out in August, I'm hoping to be able to take the game for a spin (though the odds are probably not in my favor). I greatly enjoy Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series. I really like what Evil Hat has done with their Dresden Files RPG but I feel the game is perhaps a bit too crunchy for my group. I find the slightly later Fate Core edition as well as the Atomic Robo game based upon those rules to be a bit more elegant of a system. I've multiple players in the group who are familiar with the Dresden Files and I think Fate Accelerated would be a perfect match for us. I still might take the larger Dresden Files RPG for a spin but I'm pretty sure when the Accelerated version comes out I'll be wanting to play it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jules Verne Translations That Don't Stink

Stepping Away and a New Beginning

RPG Review: Fate Accelerated

Using the Force in D6 Star Wars

Developing Boston for 1920s Call of Cthulhu