#RPGaDay2015 Day 12 - Favorite RPG Illustration

I'm actually able to give a straight answer on this one as I do have an actual favorite - it's a classic and one I'm sure others will have it as well and deservedly so - David Sutherland's A Paladin in Hell from the 1st edition of the AD&D Players Handbook.



For me this illustration captures the heroism of the paladin - not the infamous "lawful stupid" caricature but the true hero who will fight the forces of evil in their own domain against overwhelming odds.

I'd also like to highlight the work of Tim Bradstreet who became best known for his work on Vampire: The Masquerade. Another of my all-time favorites is his "Methusalah" illustration from that game's 1st edition:


It would be hard to overstate the impact Vampire had on the gaming community in the 1990s. A large part of this was its extremely evocative art. I tried to picture one piece of Tim Bradstreet's art which really captured the moment,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jules Verne Translations That Don't Stink

Stepping Away and a New Beginning

RPG Review: Fate Accelerated

Using the Force in D6 Star Wars

Developing Boston for 1920s Call of Cthulhu