#RPGaDay 2016 Day 10: Largest in-game surprise I have experienced



For me, the largest surprises are the sessions that go amazingly well. I'd like to think that for the most part my sessions are fun. But every once in a while everything just clicks perfectly, and to be honest, those are never the sessions that I'd have anticipated.

The fact that our one-shot of Ghostbusters went so well is up there - we'll be doing another adventure next week as a result.

Going back to around 1998 or 1999 would have to be the Star Trek: The Next Generation adventure "Virginia Jones and the Sentinels of Iconia". What's that? Well, before leaving work on a game night I discovered we were going to be missing some key people - the planned adventure was rendered unusable. On my drive home I mentally prepped an adventure on the fly, adapting, from memory, what I recalled of the TSR Indiana Jones adventure "The Icons of Ikammanen". I turned it into a holodeck adventure for the characters we did had, with one of them taking the role of interstellar archaeologist Virgina Jones and the other being her faithful sidekick. With no notes, no outline, we had perhaps the goofiest adventure I've ever been in, one part Indiana Jones ripoff, one part Princess Bride, and one part Lexx (it was definitely on the naughty side)...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jules Verne Translations That Don't Stink

Stepping Away and a New Beginning

RPG Review: Fate Accelerated

Using the Force in D6 Star Wars

Developing Boston for 1920s Call of Cthulhu